Best Blogger Tips

Monday 21 April 2008

Weekend updates:

Friday night mini-midlife meltdown

I decided to do absolutely nothing Friday night. Sitting in the living room flipping though some old decorating magazine I came to a section of pages I had dog-eared a long time ago. It was photos of a newly decorated living room, dinning room and kitchen. I loved (and still do) the look of these rooms, and since first seeing them ages ago when I purchased the magazine, I had dreams of making my home look like the home in the article. Then I started thinking about all the things I thought I should have at this point in my life - but don't. And because this is how my crazy mind has been functioning lately, thoughts of mortality and what I've accomplished in life flooded my head. I spend a lot of time lately angry, depressed, or frustrated with my lack of a sense of purpose/social skills/preparation for our financial future/my home/lack of career/and material things I've always wanted. I got mad at Hubby for not being worried enough about our future. And picked at him so much in bed, that he went and slept on the sofa. Needless to say – neither of us got good nights sleep.
If this is the beginning of a mid-life crisis then pass the Prozac please, I think I'm going to need it!!!

Saturday is a blur

Saturday I wasn't in the mood for much. Did a little shopping and ran some errands with Hubby and before I knew it the day was over. I was still in a mood but not to the extent of Fridays.

Sunday is looking up

Feeling Friday's funk slowly disappear, we went to the market and picked up some goodies for a BBQ - our first this season. It was a nice change from the usually boring Sunday roast.


Ps: Thanks to Hubby who made such a delicious meal, including the biscuits for the shortcakes...Yummy!

post signature

No comments: