Best Blogger Tips

Thursday 19 March 2009

Kokology - A Night at the Symphony


{Introduction to the game}
(pg. 24) There's something magical about a night at the symphony - a sense of expectation and pure pleasure. Imagine being able to take a place on that stage among the other musicians, a once-in-a-lifetime chance to perform at your very best.

If you could join the orchestra, what of the following instruments do you see yourself playing?

1. Violin

2. String Bass

3. Trumpet

4. Flute

My Answer is #2- String Bass, Double Bass as I have always known it. I picked it simply because I use to play String Bass many, many years ago. I switched to electric because I thought it was cool and was easier to get to and from my lessons. My mom has some photos of my playing the magnificent instrument when I was 9 or so... I must go find them and post them here.

It's such a sexy looking instrument with a haunting sound that still makes me weep... have a listen!



Remember, there are no right or wrong answers; you can share your answers by leaving a comment.

*Reading this in Google Reader? Answer the questions before you continue to scroll to see the Key to "A Night at the Symphony".

{ Click to reveal the Key }


{photo courtesy of Crobis}

8 comments:

Jack said...

"String bass - In love, your skill rests in the ability to bend your partners to your will, taking complete control, and driving them onward to pleasures they never imagined"...

Oh My! ;)

InventingLiz said...

I was going to go for trumpet and then changed my mind to flute - and both are pretty accurate descriptions of me!

cheatymoon said...

I picked violin, and I guess that is accurate.

I love playing this game!

Lee said...

Oh my is right! I too chose string bass. Wonder what Louis will say!

Amber said...

I'm going with the trumpet, cause it's the only one I know how to play, violin if we can magically play it regardless.
After reading, I'm definitely more the trumpet :o)

Shadow said...

i so look forward to your game every week. i pick the violin...

LarryG said...

I am not surprised you are a bassist :)

Check out
Fiddler's Green and try a listen to track 6 "Foreign Lander" some really great bass on that one.

Terri said...

Oh my. That's sexy! I picked (or plucked??) string bass too. Now I play electric bass. Do you know Edgar Meyer's music? Stunning.