Best Blogger Tips

Sunday 15 February 2009

Kindle My Heart


Sunday was such a lazy day; brunch at the in-laws, then back home to watch A Little Princess. If this isn't one of the most enchanting movies ever, then I don't know what is. I remember when this movie came out in 1995 and I took my two girls to see it, they were captivated as was I -- still get a lump in my throat and well up with tears whenever I watch it.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, you simply must! And further more, anyone who wants good "family values" in movies should buy this video for their children.
"I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young. They're still princesses. All of us. Didn't your father ever tell you that? Didn't he?" ~ Sara Crewe



As the moon kindles the night
As the wind kindles the fire
As the rain fills every ocean
And the Sun the Earth
So your heart will kindle my heart

Take my heart
Take my heart
Kindle it with your heart
And my heart cannot be
Kindled without you
Your heart will kindle my heart
by Patrick Doyle

5 comments:

cheatymoon said...

I know I saw this, but I don't remember it... I will have to look it up.

And if I didn't say so - those flowers are gorgeous. Your hubby did well!

LarryG said...

and so your heart does kindle
so it does...
this is lovely
I love you Jack!
LarryG

Shadow said...

lovely quote and words here...

Anonymous said...

i am not familiar with this movie, but now i'm feeling a need to know more, it looks lovel and the music is intriguing...

K Dubs said...

This a remake of an old Shirley Temple movie - it was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I just added it to my list on Netflix! Thank you!!