Best Blogger Tips

Monday 7 April 2008

I've just closed my eyes again...

Wikipedia:
Dreams have a long history both as a subject of conjecture and as a source of inspiration. Throughout their history, people have sought meaning in dreams or divination through dreams. Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung identified dreams as an interaction between the unconscious mind and the conscious. They also assert together that the unconscious is the dominant force of the dream, and in dreams it conveys its own mental activity to the perceptive faculty. While Freud felt that there was an active censorship against the unconscious even during sleep, Jung argued that the dream's bizarre quality is an efficient language, comparable to poetry and uniquely capable of revealing the underlying meaning.

Recurring dream:
While the content of most dreams is dreamed only once, many people experience recurring dreams—that is, the same dream narrative is experienced over different occasions of sleep.


" ...Climbed aboard the dream weaver train.."

Friday night I had another water dream. I think my sub-conscious may be trying to tell me something because water seems to be in all my dreams lately. The dream was about a flood and although I couldn't see any water, I knew there was going to be a great flood. In this dream I'm panicked and am driving around an unfamiliar neighborhood searching for my kids and husband. I need to located them before the flood happens.

Saturday night I dreamed of a tidal wave. Hubby and I were parked at a beach parking lot listening to music and chatting. I noticed something odd about the direction the waves were going. They were large waves but they were starting at the shoreline and moving out toward the ocean - not towards the shore. I pointed this anomaly out to hubby and told him we should get moving because the waves were growing larger and larger. He took my face in his hands and kissed me, he said "silly girl, the waves aren't going to reach the parking lot because they are moving out to sea in the opposite direction - See". We turn our gaze back to the ocean just as the waves change direction and start crashing in the parking lot. The car starts to flood and hubby is panicky trying to start the car. I wake up.


Sunday night the dream was about water again but this time it's neither a wave nor flood. I'm walking along a path on my way to pick up my daughter at a friends house. The path starts to narrow and I loose my footing and fall down an embankment which is filled with trash and dirty water. I try to grab onto the ground around me so I can pull myself back up the embankment but the ground is too soupy and I keep falling back into the dirty water. I'm panicked trying to get out because I know my daughter is waiting for me to come get her.

Obviously water is the re-occurring theme in my dreams of late. I think I shall do a bit of research and try to sort out these odd dreams.

Music interlude to get you through the rest of this post




Some quick searches for dreams about water- Floods, tidal waves, muddy water.
Dreams Foundation

Tidal Waves:
A tidal wave is a very strong symbol and can simply indicate that there is something stronger and more powerful that will just sweep us away without warning. It may symbolize our wish to protect some vulnerable family member. But tidal waves are also symbolic of our feelings. They may show that we are overcome with strong feelings on an issue. The sea in dreams symbolizes the feelings we have and the land the facts about some issue.
For the sea to sweep over the land shows that we are making very emotional decisions, possibly based on insufficient evidence.

Flood:
A flood stands for some emotions and cravings which are so strong that they overrun you. The clear flood water means a positive outcome and a dirty water is not a good omen. Watching a flood means that you are dealing with people who you are bothering you with petitions and requests. Seeing a flooded room predicts bad luck and fighting. If you are trying to outrun the flood, you are running away from yourself.
(Haven't found any dream interpretation for a flood that's about to occur)

Muddy water:
A dream of muddy water foretells sadness or sorry for the dreamer through hearing of an illness or death of someone he/she knows well. Dirty water warns of unscrupulous people who would bring you to ruin.

No comments: