Best Blogger Tips

Sunday 11 May 2008

Mother's Day

I honor of Mother’s Day, I thought I would share a little about what motherhood means to me.

I first became a mother in 1987 when I gave birth to Priss, 1989 was the birth of the Boy, and finally in 1992 Baby Girl was born.
There were good/great moments; times when I would be so proud of them, I could burst. There were the bad moments; bad report cards, bad attitudes, or just times when they miss-behaved. And there were even ugly moments (I wont lie); times when they would make me want to run away screaming or times I felt like pulling all my hair out. I wouldn’t have traded any of these moments – even the “bad” and “ugly” ones for the world. All of them I hold tight in my heart and will never forget. And although my kids are growing up and starting to go in their own directions, this teen and two young adults are simply “my kids”, only bigger. For me, being their mother is a lifelong joy. If someone were to ask me what was my greatest achievement in life, I would very proudly reply - “My Kids!”

Happy Mother’s Day to all Mommies, Grand Mommies and Great-Grand Mommies out there!


No comments: