Best Blogger Tips

Monday 21 July 2008

Intermezzo

As I sit here it is pouring outside and I'm watching the light-show just outside my window. I actually love the sound of rain and thunder at night, it comforts me.

Rain Is Falling

Blinding streaks of light
Fill the sky tonight
Thunder cracks
My heart pounds
I open my window wide
Cool mist hits my face
I breath in deep
The scent is intoxicating
Water flows from the Heavens
A gift from the Gods
Streaming down my window
Hypnotized
Mesmerized
My eyes are growing heavy
I am drifting away
post signature

4 comments:

Shadow said...

beautiful poem! can't wait for summer thunderstorms myself.

Billy Rhythm said...

It seems this post and the former almost belong together. If there's something I can do to help, let me know. (Of course, there's only so much an Internet stranger in another country can do, but perhaps just knowing I'm willing will help.)

I too love the rain and thunder, and especially fog. My wife, on the other hand, hates thunderstorms, and has passed that fear onto our daughter. They'll be under the covers together, and I'll be at the window, fascinated.

LarryG said...

i love to live where the lightening is seen then thunder heard...
i want to be watching and waiting when it comes for us
when the rain releases the emotion of the heaven
it touches then stretches then binds our hearts closer to the haven of love...

Jack said...

-I appreciate that shadow, that means a lot coming from someone who writes so beautifully :)

-Billy, thank you so much for the gesture :) very kind of you!

-Absolutely love your words lary!