Best Blogger Tips

Tuesday 20 January 2009

10 things

Larry G over at Yesterday, Today and Forever had this fun little writing prompt over at his blog. I like the idea so I asked Larry if I could play along, so he assigned me a letter, my letter is...



The rules of the game are simple. You are assigned a random letter and you should then post 10 things that you love that begin with that letter. If you read this and want to play, leave me a message saying you want to play in my comment area. I'll assign you a random letter and on and on it goes.

10 things I love that begin with the letter 'K'

10. Kaleidoscope:
Do you remember these?
Every Easter the rabbit would leave me kaleidoscope in my basket. I was truly captivated by all the colourful fractals I could create just by giving end a little twist to the right or left.
9. Kitten:
My husband and I gave our daughter a kitten for her 16th birthday back in November. I never use to be a cat lover but this little guy has won me over. I love his cute little pink nose and those little white paws. He's hilarious, playful and full of delightful high-jinx.
8.
Kaffir Lily:
This variety of lilium is one of my favorites but it is not easy to find or easy to grow outdoors in eastern Canada. This lily is native to the moist and shady forest floors of southern Africa. I'm going to give this lily another try in my garden this year... hopefully it will survive our cold spring and summer.
7. Kunzite:
This gem stone is one of the prettiest I have ever seen (link). It is mined in Brazil, Madagascar, Manitoba/Canada and North Carolina/USA. Kunzite is best admired unmined because it looses it's pink hue when exposed to light.
6. Karma:
The word karma itself means "action" or "deed" The real philosophy of karma is, in essence, the law of cause and effect. What goes around comes around - what you say, think and do has an effect on what comes back to you as what was said, what you think comes back at you, and more importantly what you do comes back at you. I'm a believer in Karma.
5. Kindness:
One small gesture of kindness can bring a smile to someones face. Try it today... a word of praise, a gentle touch, a helping hand, a gesture of courtesy, or simply just a warm smile. Giving is it's own reward.
4. Knowledge:
"For also knowledge itself is power" stated originally by Sir Francis Bacon.
Some say that one can only gain true knowledge through life experiences... What do you think?
3. Kodachrome:
I am in love with the Kodak Kodachrome. Paul Simon said it best -

Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the worlds a sunny day, oh yeah
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama don’t take my Kodachrome away

Photos from Vintage Kodachrome on Flickriver
2. Kisses:
Who doesn't love to kiss? Kisses rock!
1. Kids:
Of course this is my #1 favorite "K" word. I love, love, love my kids! Oh, and one of my lil'darlings name begins with the lovely letter "K" - it's Kensey
Would you like to play? Just let leave a message in my comments or drop me an email saying you want to play, and I will assign you a letter.

11 comments:

LarryG said...

well done,
love the stone and kitten, among others
totaly
Karasmatic (sic) :)

Jack said...

Thanks Larry, I loved doing it... thanks for the letter!
It was a lot harder finding "K" words then I initally thought it would be.

Lee said...

Brilliant! What a great exercise! I just sent an e-mail ;)

Anonymous said...

That's a tough letter, great job! And i love the little vid at the beginning...nice touch...

I enjoyed doing this last time too...send me a letter and i'll give it another whirl...maybe with a twist this time, make myself find photos of each item or use a theme or something...just because i like a challenge (you could even come up with an extra challenge to throw in since i seem to enjoy living on the edge these days) Although it might take me a a little longer...

'mitzi'?!! seriously, that's my word veri...sound like a kitteh's name to me LOL

Jack said...

Thistle, just left you a letter on your last post... have fun!

You always get the good word verifications.

Shadow said...

you are GOOD. when i saw k is cringed. yet your k's are way enjoyable, cool and yummy (kisses)...

cheatymoon said...

Wicked fun. Look at all the hearts on your blog!! I love kunzite. Love that you saved your kids for last...

I would love a letter if you are up for it. I had *T* when I played this game w/ Thistle.

Jack said...

Ok Movie,
How about the letter "D"?

Thistle had an idea to do one with a twist, perhaps you would like to add a little spin to yours to stir things up... or not, it's up to you :)

Jack said...

Thanks shadow, the exercise is really not as easy as it looks.. still looking for those leather pants, mom thinks she got rid of them :(

Billy Rhythm said...

Looks like fun! Perhaps I'll give it a whirl.

Jack said...

Billy, just emailed you your letter... Have fun!