Best Blogger Tips

Monday 11 October 2010

On this perfect October day

Hubby and I decided we needed to grab a coffee before we headed out to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner. We just had enough time to take the scenic route home which turns the regular 5 minute drive into a 30 minute drive. The weather today was beautiful, we rolled the sunroof back, opened the car windows wide, pulled out of the Tims parking lot with Frankie Valli's "Oh What A Night" cranked way up on the stereo, then we hit the road. The wind blew our hair wildly about as we sang our hearts out (we may have gotten a strange look or two from people on the street). What? They don't drive around blasting Frankie Valli???

I don't think people understand what music is about anymore. I think most youngsters are hyper stimulated when it comes to music; it doesn't touch their heart and soul like it did to my generation. But I digress...(another post, for another time)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with the family. I'm so thankful to have my husband and children with me on this wonderful day. I'm also thankful for loving family and friends and for this life I cherish. Oh, and music. I am thankful for music and a voice to sing out as loud as I want.

Happy Thanksgiving, Columbus Day, Indigenous People's Day, Día de la Raza, Farmer's Day.  Heck... Happy Monday to everyone!

{Some weekend photos}

5 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

The food looks good. I see even the birds got a treat. :)

We planned and made a turkey, but turned out we were sick and didn't eat much. Darn colds! Evan chose Cheerios over turkey. I think he made a good choice...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Shadow said...

looks like a great weekend!

cheatymoon said...

So glad you had a perfect day. Those desserts look yummm.

I agree with you about the music. Although my son is super connected to his...

Emme McClain said...

Oh JACK! I MUST have that turtle cheesecake! Oh my. How terribly jealous I am right now. Mmmm... and mouthwatering. Just terrible to look at during work on a Monday afternoon. Thanks for the inspiration of a heavenly treat! =)

Emily

kayerj said...

oh so heavenly . . .