Best Blogger Tips

Monday 29 May 2017

season of renewal

I have been documenting the growth of a Robbin family that have taken up a residence under my back deck. I watched as mama Robin prepared the nest carefully selecting straw and twigs. I kept watch while she laid her eggs and she allowed me to photograph three perfectly beautiful blue eggs, the colour is the most beautiful blue I have ever seen. I waited and I watched as the eggs hatched and three tiny baby chicks full of down and fluff were born to the world. I kept a quiet watch while mama Robin kept vigil over her young ones, always tending to them, making sure that their little birdy bellies were full and they were kept warm from the cool days of this Spring. This weekend I photograph them one more time, they were young adults they were old enough to fly away. About an hour later I heard a birdy commotion outside. I went back out to check and low and behold the nest was empty.

This last weekend, I had a transformation of my own. During nine months of yoga teacher training I learned so much about myself and I watched as other students as well as myself achieved growth, becoming stronger and more determined, happier individuals. This past weekend was our final weekend for teacher training,. We had a ceremony down at the beach, we broke bread together, we chanted, we laughed as we sat around the fire. We burned the things that we were ready to let go of and we took back the things that we were ready to take from the Universe. We said our declaration to the each other and the Universe. Magical, is how I describe the moment. Now looking at this empty nest I feel a sense of accomplishment. There is a quiet peacefulness wrapped around my house this Monday morning, as I sit here in my office, starting a new day, contemplating the events that have occurred over my last weekend of Yoga Teacher Training at Halifax Yoga. As I look at the photos of the empty nest that I took. I feel a sense of ease and relief, a sense of letting go, a growth and evolving into something different. Such as the birds have grown and flown from the nest I have gone through a journey and a process as well. I have learned, I have grown and I have flown. I realize now that I still have more growth that needs to be done. So much more to work on however, I am happy for this process. It is hard work that I have accomplished over the last nine months and this new person I have become will continue to grow learn and spread my wings and fly.









No comments: