Best Blogger Tips

Thursday 18 December 2008

Friday Fill-Ins #103

Play along here


1. Said the night wind to the little lamb,
Do you see what I see?

Way up in the sky, little lamb,

Do you see what I see?

A star, a star

Dancing in the night,

With a tail as big as a kite.


Said the little lamb to the shepherd boy...


2. The first Noel, the angel did say,
Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay.

In fields where they lay (tending? or keeping?) their sheep,
On a cold winter’s night that was so deep.

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel,
Born is the King of Israel.

3. Go tell it on the mountain, Over the hills and everywhere.

4. It came upon the midnight clear,
That glorious song of old,

From angels bending near the earth,
To touch their harps of gold.
Peace on the earth, goodwill to men
From heavens all gracious King
The world in (don't know this part)
To hear the angles sing.

5. Have yourself a merry little Christmas, Let your heart be light.

6. And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing, right within your heart.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to attending a holiday dinner theater with hubby, tomorrow my plans include lobster at my mom and dad's house with the family (mmmmm!) and Sunday, I want to relax at home and perhaps do some baking!

Thanks for the lift-up with these Fill Ins this week Janet. I love Christmas carols!

Love and joy come to you all this weekend :)
post signature

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that you did full stanzas!! I love Christmas carols too!

And I love your blog!

Cheers!

Enjoy dinner theatre and the lobster!! Yum.

Shadow said...

this is a brilliant ffi!!!

cheatymoon said...

Thanks for the holiday lift-up, Jack. Your blog is such a lovely place on the internets. :-) Have a wonderful weekend and try to stay warm.

Billy Rhythm said...

If you don't mind your friendly Christian musician helping out...

The shepherds were "a-keeping" their sheep. And on that midnight clear, the world did in "solemn stillness lay."

How's the price of lobster in Canada? It's tanking here in ME. You can buy lobster for the price of chicken breast!

Amber said...

for the life of me I couldn't figure out the tune to #5...WTG!
Happy Friday :o)

LarryG said...

way to go jack baby!
good songs - good friends - good times
Love y'all this Christmas!

Pseudo said...

I could hear each song in my head. Very nice. And yum. Lobster.

Anonymous said...

Lovely answers..and that lobster. Enjoy!!! :). Merry Christmas

YellowRose said...

#1 is one of my absolute favs! Lobster sounds so good!!! Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hope your weekend went as planned...and Lobster, wow...can't even remember the last time i had it....maes my mouth water just thinking about it...bet it was great!

Cheers...

Janet said...

I KNOW I commented on this...I remember the lobsters! Are my comments going in your spam?