Sure Facebook is a great way for us to connected with old friends and keep in contact with family members near and far, but did you know it can be a useful platform to promote your Blog? Here some ideas to utilize Facebook to promote your site or blog.
First thing I did was add my blog address to my profile by going into my "Profile" page and clicking on "Edit My Profile", located below your profile picture. Scroll down to the "Contact Information" section and at the bottom where it says "Website:", add your blog web address, click "Save Changes" then your done.
Another easy way to promote your site is by adding a Facebook Group and inviting all your friends to join:
"Settings", "Application Settings" (click), select "Groups", then click on "+Create New Groups", fill in the information fields (Step 1), customize by adding a photo and making the appropriate selections for your new group (Step 2), invite friends from your list to join your group, customize it however you would like and there you have it. Easy right?
Using A social network platform such as Facebook can be a great way of generating traffic to your blog. A few days ago after getting the new BIP assignment, I decided to experiment with Facebook by making my own page for Slightly Off-Center blog. Follow me and I will take you through a few simple steps for making your page for your site.
- Go to my Facebook page for Slightly Off-Center and scroll down the the bottom and click on the following link "Create a Page for My Business".
- Next click on "Brand or Product:", scroll down and select "Website", fill in your blogs name and WV then click "Create Page".
Edit your page by adding a photo (maybe a screen shot or blog logo?) and fill in all your info pertaining to your site. Finally go into "Edit Page", "Edit Settings" publish your page and make it public for everyone to view.
(note: your RSS feed may take up to 24 hours to show up on your feed so don't panic if it's not immediately visible)
Now you have a beautiful new Facebook Page for your blog. That was pretty simple, wasn't it? Now hold on to your hats boys and girls, we're not done yet... Lets take this one step further by adding the Networked blog application to your Facebook account and new page.
- Make sure you are logged into your Facebook account.
- click on this link then select "+Add A New Blog".
- Fill in the information and click "Next"
- "Are you the author of 'Blog title here'?" -- Click "Yes".
- Then you will be asked to verify that you are the author of your blog by:
- Ask friends to verify you (easy, but takes a little time)
- Use our widget to verify blog ownership (instant, but some technical skills required)
- Put the widget on your blog for the verification then you can remove it after you have been verified or you can copy and past the HTML code provided, insert it into your blog template on the right-side.
- Click 'verify widget'.
- Now go back to your Facebook profile page to "Settings" click on "Applications" and you will see "NetworkedBlogs" has been added to the list. Edit settings. Than you are done!
Ps. If you find my instructions confusing and would like some help, please feel free to email me and we will try to get through this together.