Best Blogger Tips

Monday 20 July 2009

We Wanted The Best! - We Got The Best!

The Hottest Band In The World...
KISS!!!
Saturday, me, my two girls and hubby went to see KISS preform here in Halifax. I have never in my life experienced anything like it in all my years. From the moment we got there at 4:30pm, the rain came down soaking us to the skin but nobody cared, we were all so pumped that we weren't letting a little rain spoil our time. We were packed in like sardines in a can, there were a few times panic set in when I realized I could not see an escape rout through the crowd of +50,000, but I managed to hold it all together and stand my ground for 6 hours, being shoved and pulled and even trampled by a couple intoxicated individuals.

The rain let up just in time for that black and silver curtain to come down...
I saw my hubby's eyes light up like a kid in a candy shop when the announcer started -- "YOU WANTED THE BEST!" -- he was a boy again, amazed and dazzled by the lights and pyro display. And I have to tell you, it was the best thing to be there right by his side watching him and my daughters electrified with shear delight. KISS rocked like no other band I have seen live. Fantastic show!!

{A few photos from the night}
Click here to view full album
{Photo courtesy of KISSONLINE}

3 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

That's great! I don't know if I'd stand in the rain for them, but it's great you got to see them.

Now, I'd stand in a hurricane for Enrique Iglesias, but that's my story. =)

Jack said...

It was pretty rough, but I enjoyed the show regardless of the weather. In fact, I'm glad it was raining and not sunny and hot...

kayerj said...

awesome, glad you had a great time.